Dr. Mark Babizhayev Ma, PhD
- Dr. Babizhayev Interview 2001
- Dr. Babizhayev Interview 2003
- Dr. Babizhayev Biography
- Clinical Publications
- Dr Babizhayev Statement of Fact
A Physicians Report – The effectiveness of N-acetylcarnosine eye Drops – Can-C™.
- Press Release
- How does Can-C™ Reverse Cataracts?
- Cataract Surgery Risks
- Cataract a marker for Systemic Disorders
- Block, W. N-Acetylcarnosine may help with cataracts. NAC eye drops show benefits in both preventing and treating this age-related condition. LE Magazine, Aug. 2003.
- Bourassa, D., and Dean, W. M.D. Carnosine: ARemarkable Multipurpose Anti-Aging Nutrient. Vitamin Research News, Vol. 14., Num. 11, Nov. 2000.
- Babizhayev MA, Deyev A. Free radical oxidation of lipid and thiol groups in genesis of cataract. Biophysics (biofizika),1986, 31, 119-125, Pergamon Journals Ltd.
- Babizhayev MA, Deyev Al, Linberg LF. Lipid peroxidation as a possible cause of cataract. Mech. Ageing Dev. 1988, 44, 69-89.
- Babizhayev MA, Antioxidant activity of L-carnosine, a natural histidine-containing di-peptide in crystalline lens. Biochem. Biophys. Acta., 1989a, 1004, 363-371.
- Babizhayev MA, Deyev A. Lens opacity induced by lipid peroxidation products as a model of cataract associated with retinal disease. Biochim. Biophys. Acta., 1989b, 1004, 124-133.
- Maichuk, IUF, Formaziuk, VE, Sergienko, VI. Development of carnosine eyedrops and assessing their efficacy in corneal diseases. Vestn Oftalmol, 1997, 113(6): 27-31.
- Yuneva, M.O., Bulygina, E.R., Gallant, S.C., et al. Effect of carnosine on age-induced changes in senescence-accelerated mice. J Anti-Aging Medicine, 2: 1999, 337-342.
- Wang AM, Ma C, Xie H, and Shen, F. Use of carnosine as a natural anti-senescence drug for human beings. Biochemistry, 2000, 65(7), 869-871.
- Baslow, MH. Function of the N-acetyl-L-histidine system in the vertebrate eye. Evidence in support of a role as a molecular water pump. J Mol Neurosci, 1998, 10(3), 193-208.
- Ermakova, V.N., Babizhaev, M.A., Bunin, A.Ya. Effect of L-carnosine on intraocular pressure. Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med. 1988, 105(4), 451-453.
- Borioni, D., and Scassellati-Sforzolini, G. The action of paminobenzoic cid, histidine, and cortisone on the success of corneal transplants, Am J Ophthalmol, 1953, 36: 575-576.
- Babizhayev MA, Yermakova VN, Sakina NL, Evstigneeva RP, Rozhkova EA, Zheltukhina GA. N-Acetylcarnosine is a prodrug of L-carnosine in ophthalmic application as antioxidant. Clin. Chim. Acta., 1996, 254, 1-21.
- Babizhayev MA, Yermakova VN, Deyev Al, Seguin M-C. Imidazole-containing peptiomimetic NAC as a potent drug for the medicinal treatment of age-related cataract in humans. J. Anti-Aging Medicine 2000a, 2, 43-62.
- Babizhayev MA, Yermakova VN, Semiletov yu A, Deyev A. The natural histidine-containing di-peptide N-acetylcarnosine as an antioxidant for ophthalmic use. Biochemistry(Moscow), 2000b, 65, 588-598.
- Babizhayev MA, Deyev AI, Yermakova VN, Semiletov YA, Davydova NG, Kurysheva NI, Zhokotskii AV, Goldman IM. N-Acetylcarnosine, a natural histidine-containing dipeptide, as a potent ophthalmic drug in treatment of human cataracts. Peptides, 2001, 22: 979-94.