Previously, cataract formation resulting in the need for cataract surgery was believed to be an inevitable part of the aging process. Current Research has revealed that the topical application of specific nutrients to the eyes can prevent and even reverse the progression of cataract severity for thousands of aging individuals. In clinical trials Can-C eye drops applied daily were shown to reverse protein aggregation (oxidation) and inflammation in the majority of subjects thereby allowing the eyes’ natural repair mechanisms to keep the ocular lens clear.
What are Cataracts?
A cataract is a clouding or loss of transparency in the lens of the eye that affects your vision. This cloudiness occurs when the crystallin proteins in your eye break down and begin clumping together due to the loss of essential ocular amino acids. If left untreated, progression of cataracts can lead to severe vision loss requiring cataract surgery. Unfortunately for millions of people, Cataracts are still the leading cause of blindness in humans.
Is there an alternative to Cataract surgery?
Cataract removal surgery is not always a treatment option due to the fear of eye surgery risks and the potential for adverse events in any surgical procedure. Additionally, even with insurance, access to surgery is an issue for those on fixed incomes. Sadly, many people are unaware of the recent advancements in non-surgical treatment options to slow cataract progression and ultimately reverse it’s formation.
What are symptoms of Cataracts?
Symptoms include clouded, blurred or dim vision, double vision in a single eye, sensitivity to light and glare, poor night vision or need for brighter light when reading, faded color vision, and vision loss. If your eyewear prescription needs to change frequently, it may also be a sign of advancing age-related cataract.
What causes Cataracts?
Cataracts are largely caused by inflammatory health conditions and aging human lens cells. According to the National Eye Institute, by age 65 about 25% of the population develop cataracts and per the American Academy of Ophthalmology, by the age of 75, half of Americans have developed them and the associated impaired vision.
How effective are eye drops for Cataracts?
Ground breaking research by molecular biologist, Dr. Mark Babizhayev demonstrates that the compound N-acetylcarnosine (NAC) may be used as an eye drop solution to reverse, reduce or slow cataract progression for positive patient outcome. Our patented formula eye drop containing NAC, Can-C™, is the result of Dr. Babizhayev’s extensive research and Wise Choice Medicine’s founding relationship with Innovative Vision Products and Profound products.
What about dogs with cataracts?
In the animal studies, university researchers found Can-C eye drops to be equally effective in generating reversal of lens opacity in dogs eyes, restoring lens transparency and visual acuity. Notably they found that cataracts in canine eyes showed a faster response time to the eye drop applications than human eyes due to chemical distinctions of the canine eye.
How do Can-C™eye drops work?
Clinical trials demonstrate that Can-C™ N-acetylcarnosine (NAC) eye drops are a game changer. They help the aging eye to recover by improving its clarity, glare sensitivity, color perception and overall vision when used as part of an eye care routine. They improve eye health and visual function via several mechanisms1:
- NAC metabolizes into the protein L-carnosine when it penetrates the cornea, preventing inactivation of antioxidants in lens cells by free-radicals.
- L-carnosine prevents autooxidation of glycation reactions to the lens proteins by competing for the glycating agent, protecting the crystalline lens proteins against modification.
- L-carnosine is a universal antioxidant with scavenging activity towards lipid hydroperoxides, aldehydes and oxygen radicals, preventing oxidative stress and damage to the lens.
- L-carnosine activates proteasome activity in the lens to reverse aggregation in cataracts, restoring clarity to the lens.
1. Mark A Babizhayev, Philip Micans. N-Acetylcarnosine sustained drug delivery eye drops to control the signs of ageless vision: glare sensitivity, cataract amelioration and quality of vision currently available treatment for the challenging 50,000-patient population. Clin Interv Aging. 2009;4:31-50. Epub 2009 May 14.Stuart P Richer.