Patients with ripe cataract further improve vision with combination of Can-C Eye Drops and Can-C Plus Capsules.
A New Breakthrough from, Innovative Vision Products Inc.
Can-C Plus Capsules, now available in US and European Markets: Patents: (WO 2004/028536 A1; WO 94/19325; WO 95/12581; WO 2004/064866 A1)
Synergism of histidyl dipeptides and amino acids proven to be beneficial in ophthalmic treatments.
With the knowledge that there is a natural range of the histidyl dipeptides within mammalian tissues we have investigated possible synergism between them in respect of antioxidant activity in ophthalmic treatments.
Considering the efficacy of N-acetylcarnosine eye drops in the therapeutic treatment of ripe cataracts, we now theorize that, declining visual acuity, along with the onset of ‘halo’ effects and vitreous lesions, including floaters and even elevated Intra-Ocular Pressure, (Glaucoma support information) may likely be due to diminished Glutathione levels within the eye.
In a separate pilot study, ripe, age-related, cataract is significantly reversed over a period of 5 months, with the application of Can-C™ N-acetylcarnosine eye drops (2 drops two times daily) when combined with Can-C Plus™, 1 capsule (two times daily).
We found that the L-Histidine ingredient in Can-C Plus Capsules acts synergistically with other natural imidazole containing Peptidomimetics (N-acetylcarnosine, L-carnosine). Our results show that combining imidazole containing compounds at near physiological concentrations results in heightened synergistic anti-oxidant activity. The clinical and experimental data demonstrate the improved effectiveness and safety of the combined treatment modality.
The oral consumption of the N-acetyl-cysteine ingredient in Can-C Plus, boosts reduced glutathione levels in the human crystalline lens. As indicated in the Figure 1, ripe age-related cataract is significantly reversed within 5 months of combined treatment.
Figure 1: Left image: pronounced opacities in the lens layers prior cataract treatment; Right image: An appearance of the rose reflex visible through the lens which became significantly more transparent after 5 months of combined treatment of cataract with the N-acetylcarnosine eye drop combined with the oral supplementation of Can-C Plus. Conclusion: Manipulation with chemical chaperones; N-acetylcarnosine, carnosine, D- pantethine or regulated/inducible molecular chaperone protein function (such as alpha-crystallin chaperone activity in the lens) offers novel therapies for reversal of (ripe) cataracts, retinal degeneration and ocular complications of diabetes.
Introducing Can-C Plus™
Designed for use with Can-C™ eye-drops.
- Developed by Innovative Vision Products (IVP – The inventors of Can-C™ Eye Drops)
- Increase the potency of Can-C™ Eye Drops and the length of time that the drops remain active in the eye.
- Accelerated healing response when combined with Can-C eye drops.
- Enhanced free radical protection and reduction of oxidation within the eye.
- Glaucoma support information
For general ocular support and maintenance: Take 1 capsule daily with Can-C eye drops
For advanced ocular support: Take 2 capsules daily with Can-C eye drops
For dogs: Give 1 tab daily with Can-C eye drops
Dr. Mark Babizhayev, a leading biophysicist in the area of natural peptides and their unique ability to reverse oxidation has developed this specific oral formulation to effectively sustain the activity of Can-C eye drops for longer periods within the eye tissues. When taken consistently with Can-C eye drops, Can-C Plus increases the length of time that the Can-C eye drops remain active in the eye, by preventing and slowing the break down of L-carnosine once it has been topically delivered. This sustaining action greatly improves free radical protection and further reduces the oxidative environment within the eye allowing for an accelerated healing response. We know that Can-C™ eye drops are highly effective on their own and are a stand alone product for the reversal of many ocular conditions. Can-C Plus™ has been made available as a complimentary supplement for those who want to maximize their effort with the use of Can-C™ eye drops. Secondly those who have more mature cataract with measurably diminished vision will greatly optimize their effort by taking Can-C Plus in addition to their daily applications of Can-C™ eye-drops. Can-C Plus™ Description: Can-C Plus™ is designed to be used with Can-C eye-drops to enhance the effectiveness and optimize the action of Can-C eye drops.
Advanced Ocular Support: Take 2 tablets daily with Can-C eye drops
General Ocular Support and Maintenance: Take 1 tablet daily with Can-C eye drops
Supplement facts: 3 tablets provide the following
|Amount Per Serving||%||DV|
|% Daily Value * not established. Other ingredients: Rice flour, Magnesium Stearate, Vegetable tablet. Note: Keep out of reach of children. Not for use by pregnant or lactating women.The above information is the translation of the manufacturer’s insert. It is provided under the supplying company’s terms and conditions and should not replace the advice of your personal physician. Disclaimer: This product and its statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease|
- Rejuvenation of visual functions in older adult drivers and drivers with cataract during a short-term administration of N-acetylcarnosine lubricant eye drops. Babizhayev MA. Rejuvenation Res. 2004 Fall;7(3):186-98. PMID: 15588519 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Lipid peroxidation and cataracts: N-acetylcarnosine as a therapeutic tool to manage age-related cataracts in human and in canine eyes. Babizhayev MA, Deyev AI, Yermakova VN, Brikman IV, Bours J. Drugs R D. 2004;5(3):125-39. Review. PMID: 15139774 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Hydration properties of the molecular chaperone alpha-crystallin in the bovine lens. Babizhayev MA, Nikolayev GM, Goryachev SN, Bours J, Martin R. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2003 Oct;68(10):1145-55. PMID: 14616086 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Image analysis and glare sensitivity in human age-related cataracts. Babizhayev MA, Deyev AI, Yermakova VN, Davydova NG, Kurysheva NI, Doroshenko VS, Zhu-kotskii AV. Clin Exp Optom. 2003 May;86(3):157-72. PMID: 12767250 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Glare disability and driving safety. Babizhayev MA. Ophthalmic Res. 2003 Jan-Feb;35(1):19-25. PMID: 12566859 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- NMR spin-echo studies of hydration properties of the molecular chaperone alpha-crystallin in the bovine lens. Babizhayev MA, Nikolayev GN, Goryachev SN, Bours J. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002 Jul 29;1598(1-2):46-54. PMID: 12147343 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Efficacy of N-acetylcarnosine in the treatment of cataracts. Babizhayev MA, Deyev AI, Yermakova VN, Semiletov YA, Davydova NG, Doroshenko VS, Zhu-kotskii AV, Goldman IM. Drugs R D. 2002;3(2):87-103. PMID: 12001824 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- N-Acetylcarnosine, a natural histidine-containing dipeptide, as a potent ophthalmic drug in treat-ment of human cataracts. Babizhayev MA, Deyev AI, Yermakova VN, Semiletov YA, Davydova NG, Kurysheva NI, Zhu-kotskii AV, Goldman IM. Peptides. 2001 Jun;22(6):979-94. PMID: 11390029 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- The natural histidine-containing dipeptide Nalpha-acetylcarnosine as an antioxidant for ophthalmic use. Babizhayev MA, Yermakova VN, Semiletov YA, Deyev AI. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2000 May;65(5):588-98. PMID: 10851037 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Cellular signalling and free-radical modulating activities of the novel peptidomimetic L-glutamyl-histamine. Babizhayev MA, Semiletov YA, Lul’kin YA, Sakina NL, Savel’yeva EL, Deyev AI, Alimbarova LI, Barinskii IF, Nicolay J, Paillet C, Langrand G, Seguin F. Biochemistry (Mosc). 1999 May;64(5):510-22. PMID: 10381611 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Photoprotector and antioxidant properties of histamine-containing peptidomimetics in the photooxi-dation of glycyltryptophan. Babizhayev MA, Lozovskaya EL, Makareyeva EN, Lul’kin YA, Sapezhinskii II. Biochemistry (Mosc). 1998 May;63(5):523-8. PMID: 9632886 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]